Login / Registration
Two-Screen Experience/Live Predictions
Contests (Head-to-head Challenges and Leagues)
- Confirm that you are using the most recent version of the app.
- Confirm that you have a stable and strong wifi or cell signal.
Once you have installed the app on your phone, tap your profile avatar in the upper right corner. From the Profile page, tap the account settings wheel icon (again, in the upper right hand corner) where you’ll see the version number listed.
As of December, 2019, the current version is v 3.7.38 for iOS, 3.7.34 for Android. If you are using an earlier version, please update your app by going to the app store and downloading the most recent one.
Login / Registration
3. I registered for AutoZone Liberty Bowl’s app in the past, but now I’m having trouble logging in. When I use the “Forgot password” feature, it tells me there is no account associated with my email address, but I am sure I have an account.
Did you register using Facebook or Sign in with Apple? If so, you must log back in using that same option. You won’t be able to create a new account using the same email address that you use for Facebook.
4. I was invited to the AutoZone Liberty Bowl app by a friend and don’t see it in my Facebook notifications. How can I accept the invitation?
Go to the Facebook app on your mobile device and accept the invitation from there. Facebook notifications only populate within Facebook on the Facebook iOS or Android app (not via a desktop browser).
Use the ‘forgot password’ link on the login page. An email will be sent to you with instructions on how to change your password and log back into the app; you must click on the link in this email from your mobile device, since it will take you to the app itself.
Be patient, sometimes the email can take a couple of minutes to arrive.
8. I originally created my account with email, but now I want to invite my friends using Facebook. Can I?
Yes! The app will prompt you to log in with Facebook, then will allow you to invite and challenge friends.
9. Can I challenge a friend to a head-to-head or league competition who has not yet signed up for the app?
Yes, but you will need to invite them to use the app first. Once someone has signed in to the app, they can receive a challenge and accept a challenge. It is a two step process: invite new player to the app, then once they have signed in you can invite them to a challenge.
10. I logged in using Sign in with Apple on my iOS device, and it won’t allow me to change my password. Why?
Sign in with Apple is available as a login option on iOS devices only. As with Facebook, you are not able to make changes to your password or name if you use this method to access the app. To make any changes or updates, you will need to make those changes to your AppleID directly.
Two-Screen Experience/ Live Predictions
This game is best enjoyed as a two-screen experience – watching on your television and playing along on your phone. The game will be broadcasted on ESPN with kickoff at 2:45pm CST on New Year’s Eve. At kick off, open the app and enter the game. You will be prompted to select your provider (cable or satellite) to sync your app experience with the live TV broadcast. This ensures that you will be predicting for the correct play during the live action.
- Re-select your broadcast provider. After entering the game, click on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen. Change or update your broadcast provider (Cable or Satellite, for example). Wait until the next play is started to confirm you are receiving predictions.
- Exit and re-enter the app.
- Check your connectivity:
Wifi: Check that you have a strong wifi signal. Consider using a different wifi network if one is available to you, or use cellular. Beware that streaming will consume significant data.
Cellular: Check that you have a strong cell signal. Consider using a different network if one is available to you, or switch to wifi.
- Go to phone settings, turn on airplane mode, then turn airplane mode off and go back to app.
Close out of the app, remove it from the background, and relaunch the app. If that doesn’t work, delete the app and reinstall it on your phone.
If you continue to have trouble, remember that phone calls, text messages and other core activities on your phone can interfere with voting. Cell providers claim devices can handle this, but our testing has shown that interference happens.
If you predicted just as the 15 second countdown ran out, your prediction may not have been received in time. Be sure to make your selection before the 15 seconds is up!
Also, if you receive a phone call or text message during predictions, your choices may not be transmitted in time.
15. The predictions are out of sync with the game on TV, so I’m predicting plays either too soon or too late for the game.
Since the different TV broadcast providers all have slightly different delays, we are timing your predictions to line up with the “typical” viewer based on the selection you made just after registering in the app (Cable-Comcast, Cable-Fios, Satellite-Dish, or Satellite-Directv….). However, there is still variability based on your unique set up. If you need to change your provider, go to the Settings wheel in the upper right hand corner and change your selection.
16. Why did my prediction screen come up later than everyone else’s? I was unable to submit a prediction.
- There is individual variability based on your wifi connection and device.
- The use of other apps can sometimes cause this. Try closing all other apps and restarting the AutoZone Liberty Bowl app.
- Texts or phone calls can also interrupt the vote. Set your phone to “Do Not Disturb”.
There may be a delay between when the vote is started and when your phone receives it due to network congestion or clock synchronization. You can confirm that your phone’s clock is correct by going to https://time.is and can also follow the steps above to ensure you have the best network connection possible.
Contests (Head-to-head Challenges and Leagues)
Yes, you can challenge anyone who has signed in to the app. The other person must accept your challenge for it to go into effect. You can only invite someone to one head to head challenge. You can not re-invite someone who has previously rejected your challenge request. You can invite up to 10 people to join in your league. You can create as many league and head to head challenges as you want.
Yes. You can create head to head challenges before the game has started and at any time when it is in progress. Scores will be based on when the challenge was accepted.
Since you can create H2Hs at any time throughout the game, scores are based on when the challenge was accepted (see previous question).
No. Once the game begins, no new leagues can be created for that game. You must set up your leagues before the game begins. Any leagues with fewer than 3 confirmed participants will be cancelled when the game begins.
The default Leaderboard view shows your points for the current quarter. If there is no game data available, you may not have made any predictions yet this quarter. Use the drop-down menu to select Points in Game to see your overall game score.
All players with the same score are tied even if one appears above the other on the Leaderboard.
If you participate in the game (3+ votes per quarter and 10+ for entire game), you will be automatically entered into our sweepstakes and be eligible to win cash. You are eligible to win cash prizes regardless of where you finish on the leaderboard. Answering trivia questions correctly and winning your head-to-head and league competitions earns you virtual coins and makes you eligible for additional cash prizes.
If you are a lucky winner of one of the 75 total cash prizes awarded, you will be contacted via email by the sweepstakes administrator (CFA) on or before January 4th, 2020. If you have not been contacted or have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
We’d love to hear from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send the report. Then close out of the app and restart it. Your Call (which created the AutoZone Liberty Bowl app) will use the information in the report to identify and fix the problem that caused the app to stop working.